Monday, September 5, 2011

“Commit to Be Fit” “Commit to be Healthy”

Greetings With Inspiration!

It has been a crazy weekend but I want to catch up on Project Destiny and give you a few inspirational nuggets.

Day 3 - Saturday, September 3rd   “Commit to Be Fit” “Commit to be Healthy”

Have you been saying you want to lose 10-20lbs but have not been able to overcome this hurdle?  Has your doctor told you that your cholesterol is high or you have a condition that will only get better if you lose weight?  Are you already slim and trim but want to take your physical appearance to the next level?   If so ………..LET’s DO THIS!   

I have lost a total of 18lbs gradually over the last 18 months.  How did I do it?  I adopted a healthy diet and began exercising regularly.  If you commit to making a lifestyle change losing weight is easy.  You have to picture the “new and improved YOU” and chase after it.  I encourage you to find an activity that you love to do and have it help you lose weight.   I have always loved to dance.  I discovered Zumba and Zoanee Belly Dancing Aerobics when looking for different ways to workout.  It was like love at first sight!  Every time I go to a class I leave happy, energized, and mostly importantly sweating because they are both excellent ways to workout.


This time around I will be trying a few new things.  Personally, I do not like using the treadmill or elliptical everyday so I like to incorporate classes in my workout routine.  For the 4 months, of Project Destiny in order to accomplish my weight goal I will be doing the following:

·         Kickboxing – Once a week
·         Zumba – Once a week
·         Zoanee (Belly Dancing) – Once a week
·         Kettlebell Workout – Once a week
·         Weight Training – 2 Times a week  , 1 hour post- Zumba/Zoanee
·         Bikram Yoga -  Once a week


If you are looking to lose weight or tone, any of the above would be a great thing for you to incorporate into your workout.  It is hard working out on your own.  Personal trainers can be expensive. Group exercises make it easier to get over your fear of the gym because you have the support of others. If you shy away from group activities, try walking , running , rowing , or using the elliptical for your cardio workouts. You should try to incorporate cardio at least 3 times a week coupled with weight training.   I am by far no expert but this is what worked for me J  LET’s GO!!!!!

Exercise is one part of accomplishing your fitness goals but your diet is crucial!! You can’t eat fried chicken everyday and think because you go to the gym for 3 days you are going to lose weight.  Commit to be Fit!  Commit to be Healthy!   Be conscious about what you are putting in your body.   My Project Destiny plan provides some overall guidelines:

·         Fitness Assessment & Goal Setting – Obtain a fitness assessment and set a physical achievement goal
·         Commit to being healthy  - Eat a healthy and balanced diet
·         Workout Plan – Commit to an hour of physical activity at least 3 times a week, gradually increasing to 5 or more days a week.
·         Incorporate a daily stretching regiment  or Yoga
·         Increase Water Intake – No Alcohol, Soda & Juice  (exceptions: sports drinks,  reduced sugar/100 % juices)
·         Sweets/Junk Food - Eliminate food  high in fat,  sugar or salt (i.e. ice cream, cake, chips)
·         Lower  Carbohydrates – Minimize bread and rice consumption
·         Lean Diet -  Adopt a Fish and Chicken diet ( baked or broiled)
·         Fruits and Vegetables – Eat 4-5 servings a day
·         Multivitamin & Dietary Supplements – Consult your doctor on vitamins and supplements to include in your diet.


Complete the first step by doing a physical assessment:

My Fitness Assessment:

Weight : 149 lbs
Waist : 28.5
Abs: 35
Hips: 40.5
Body Fat %: 28.3
BMI: 26.4

MY GOAL: 140 lbs
Now you may be thinking, why is she trying to lose more weight?  My doctor has always said I should be closer to 140.  I have lost almost 20 lbs already and I am commited to losing another 10lbs.  Project Destiny is about being the best YOU.  No matter what size you may be losing weight is achievable. I mentioned this to someone that wanted to quit smoking cigarettes, “Kick that bad habit , before it kicks you!”  I will revamp it here.  “Kick the weight, before it Kicks you”.  You don’t want to have a doctor tell you , “you have to lose weight”.  Do it because you want be healthy!



We got a little under 4 months before the year is over!!!   Let’s do this!!!!!



Be Inspired,



ACT.

No comments:

Post a Comment