Monday, September 12, 2011

"You have to do something big to get something bigger"

Greetings With Enthusiasm,

Making Moves Monday! Let’s start this week off on a high and keep the momentum going. Today marks the 12th day of my Project Destiny journey.  I have 9 more days until my Daniel fast is over.  What a journey it has been thus far!  Over the past few days many people have been asking me” why are you fasting?”  And I have simply been saying, “ I am trying to get my life together”.  People laugh when I say that as if my life is perfect.  Just because you have a good job and a house that does not mean God doesn’t have greater blessings in store and there isn’t more opportunities to grow.  I want to embark on a new level of excellence, where I use all of my talents and as a college friend said to me last week, I want to “die empty” having giving my all in this life.

As a part of my project destiny journey, I have committed to putting to rest anything that is currently holding me back so that I can prepare for this new level of excellence.  For me those two things are passing my CPA exam and eliminating my revolving credit debit.   The CPA exam has been a long and painful journey for me.  I have scheduled the exam time and time again but have allowed everything else in my life to take priority over the exam. I have spent a lot of time serving others in a leadership capacity at work and in organizations. I realized this year that it was truly time for me to learn how to be selfish and focus on “being the best me”.  I have eliminated all my extracurricular activities to focus on things that will propel my career and enrich my life.  I scheduled the last 3 parts of the exam to take them before the end of the year and I am trusting in God that this will be the last time I schedule this exam.  I know many of you reading this may have something you know you need to do.  Let’s stop making excuses and make things happen.

The other item I will be focusing on is eliminating debt.  I have devised a plan to eliminate my debt in a year.  I have been making strides to ensure that I reduce my spending.  One of my major spending habits was buying eyes glasses and sunglasses.  I took advantage of being in India and got Lasik eye surgery a month ago to eliminate this habit of buying glasses.  It was cheaper to get Lasik in India than it cost me to by a pair of glasses and my contacts annually. Now why is eliminate debt so important to me?  In preparing for this new level of excellence, I know I may want to start a business, get married, buy another house, etc.   The last thing you want to be doing in any of those situations is coming to the table with debt.  Credit card debt it not good debt to have so I want to eliminate it as a part of my Project Destiny Journey.  I have seen too many professionals that make a good living but are living paycheck to paycheck because of debt.  Let’s vow not be like that and get our debt in order.

Overall, Project Destiny has been an answer to so many prayers already in my life.  I have wanted to drawer closer to God and making these changes in my life have given me so much clarity on who I am and what God has in store for me.  I already know how next year will start and end.  I have lost half of the weight needed to accomplish my weight goal. I am talking to you, which means I finally started blogging which was way over due. I even received confirmation on when I will get married and to who it will be. This experience has been such an eye-opener to the future and helping me understand myself even more.  I have managed to remain calm in spite of how hectic my schedule is right now, without my normal diet , red bull or coffee.  My co-workers have said “ I give it to you, you are good, I don’t know how you remain so calm working all these hours with no sugar”.  It’s not me its God.  I want big changes in my life and that will only come with sacrifice.  You have to do something big to get something bigger.

Dare to do something BIG this week!

Be Inspired,

ACT.



No comments:

Post a Comment