Monday, September 5, 2011

Project Destiny - Day 1 "Commit to Change"

Background - On September 1, 2011, I embarked on the greatest journey of my life , Project Destiny.   I want to be the greatest me possible and inspire others to do this same.  I have devised a plan to help myself and others reach their maximum potential.  Through fasting,dieting, prayer, reading, exercise, goal setting,  and devising a financial plan, it is my prayer that we will accomplish our destiny. Join me on this journey as I will be blogging throughout the project to journalize my evolution.



DAY 1



" If you want change...you must see it..and just be it" - ACT.



Week 1 Focus: Surrendering all to God ….“ Take all that I am ….and all that I can be ..transform… renew… restore ..create a better me “ – Mary Mary “Seattle”



It’s 3AM and I am hoping to leave work soon. Where do I begin? God has been awesome to me . 2011 has been an awesome year..I have a thriving career with a recent promotion, lost about 15 lbs, embraced a new look by cutting my hair, and just got back from spending a month in India. I asked myself why does God continue to bless me. Many times I don’t feel like I deserve it. In certain areas of my life, I have watched many things fall into place with little effort on my part. And I ask God “Why me ?? I have fallen short in my spiritual life but yet you continue to bless me.....what is your will for my life? “ God has given me the ability to sing, dance, write , model, speak, and inspire people but I spend 80% of my life in a cubicle where no one sees these gifts. I have wondered if I will ever get my wings to truly show the world who ACT is. I have a passion for youth and big non-profit aspirations. I have been searching for understanding of myself and what my true destiny is. It is time for me to make some big moves and I am seeking God to order my steps. And this is how I  arrived at PROJECT DESTINY! My goal this year has been to “Release The Beast”. We all have greatness within us that wants to be released to bless others. I want to be a better woman…a better Christian....a better friend…a better ME!



I am 28 years old and SINGLE…..and happy about it! Don’t get me wrong, it would be nice to have a beautiful husband and dual income to pay my mortgage but I want my husband to be the “right one” forever…not just for a season. I have had some amazing relationships. A time or two when I thought “This might be the one” and God showed me who was in control. My friends always pick on me about always being in a relationship so I took some time out this year to just date and be “by myself”. I learned a lot about myself and most importantly what I would want in a life partner. But I want God to show me the way. Project Destiny will show me what God has for me.






Day 1 was a good day ….I started the Daniel Fast and my first reading on YourVersion.com. I have decided to start with the 21 Day Plan for Busy Women : A Rich & Satisfying Life since it resonated with me as busy professional woman. In the passage , it goes to the book of Luke when the angel Gabriel tells Mary that she will bring forth Jesus , The Son of God and Elisabeth who was said to be barren conceived a child in her old age. Luke 1: 37 “For with God Nothing Shall be Impossible” Mary didn’t understand why God chose her but she surrendered saying “Be it unto me according to thy word” (Luke 1:38 ) “For he that is mighty hath done to me great things and holy is his name” ( Luke 1: 49). I am praying for a spirit like Mary to embrace all that God has in store and totally submit to him.






The closing passage from the lesson resonated with me. It reads:



http://www.youversion.com/reading-plans/busy-women/1/21



Can we imagine together the explosive kingdom expansion that could occur if we as women understood our roles, surrendered our resources to God's ownership as faithful stewards and responded to God's love as generous givers? We would be released to live our life for His purposes and His glory. In other words, we would experience a "rich and satisfying life": spiritually invigorated, financial free and generously living.I'm ready to find that life, aren't you?






And I answer…..YES I AM!!!






Now how did I do today…



SPIRITUAL



· Daniel Fast – Lots of Water, Fruit for Breakfast, Chipotle Veggie Salad for Lunch , Peanuts to snack , whole wheat pasta tossed with oil and garlic for dinner
· Didn’t Curse anybody out today! Just kidding ! Its busy season so it is easy to give a tongue lashing
· Prayer – I fell short on this today. I will pray before I go to bed and I will aim to pray twice a day.
· Bible Reading – Luke 1:26-55






PHYSICAL






· Workout – I am currently nursing a sprained ankle. Ironic, Dani (my Project Destiny Partner) and I both are injured. But I will be incorporating light workouts starting Saturday.
· Diet – Daniel Fast until September 21st



MENTAL



· Staggering Goal – I determined that my staggering goal will  be to finish up my CPA exam. I thought about my strategy to complete this today.


· Daily Challenge - Pushed myself to get to work early today. I want to become a morning person to increase my productivity.



FINANCIAL



· Saving – My new salary and bonus is effective tomorrow and although a new handbag would be nice. I will not be doing any personal spending.  I will be frugal for the rest of the year.






Overall , at the end of Day 1 , I am excited, optimistic and truly FOCUSED. I am ready to make several major CHANGES! I am already seeing the new &improved me and she is FLY in all aspects of her life J






Be Inspired,



ACT.

No comments:

Post a Comment