Thursday, September 8, 2011

“Negativity is contagious; keep some positivity juice handy to re-energize your spirit”


Greeting With Enthusiasm!!

One of my mentor’s John H. Bryant, always asks me “how is your spirit?   So, I will ask you how is your spirit today?  This morning, my body is fatigued, energy is a bit drained and my eyes are strained. I was at work until 4 am and back at my desk by 10am.  For most corporate tax accountants, this is the busiest time of year and we are all overwhelmed with work and sleep deprived. However, my spirit is rejoicing and content with who I am and excited about where I want to go.  We have to be careful about what we allow to impact our overall spirit. Our spirit ultimately impacts how we interact with others and the decisions we make.  When you have vision, it allows you to put any challenges or opposition in perspective and focus on the grand prize…You becoming the best YOU!

Since I have started Project Destiny, I have been having all kinds of weird dreams.  Last night, I dreamed I quit my job abruptly.  I remember saying, “YOU KNOW WHAT, DO IT YOURSELF….I QUIT” and immediately chucking those deuces up as I ran for the door.  Then I remember thinking, “What did I just do? How am I gonna pay my mortgage? My dad is going to have a good time drilling me about this one?”. All day yesterday, I heard “I hate this JOB, I can’t wait to quit” at least 20 times from different people.  In public accounting, you will feel like you hate your job and want to quit at least twice a year.  I felt that way many times before myself.  I know in the long run it is a great career and can provide the lifestyle I want to live.  But as Jayz says, “It ain’t for everybody”.   I can apply that to my career, public accounting is not for everybody. We are drawing closer to the deadline and the work hours are getting longer and tempers are flaring. It seemed as if the level of negativity and complaining yesterday was at an all time high. All the negativity was draining the life out of me and it was slowing up my productivity. I was asking myself “ ACT, what is wrong with you today?”    My spirit was low, bruised and confused.

I went for a drive to grab lunch and thought this “Negativity is contagious; keep some positivity juice handy to re-energize your spirit.”  Whenever my spirit gets low, I try to keep a remedy handy to help boost my energy and revitalize my spirit.  I absolutely love Chipotle and it fits in my diet for the Daniel Fast.  Good food always puts a smile on my face so I started by getting a veggie salad from Chipotle.  What really works well for me is seeing images of where I want to be and things I want to have.  I knew a day like this would be coming soon so, over the weekend I went to the Porsche dealership and looked at cars.   I love cars and I think the new 4-door Porsches are so sexy!  I found a white one and took a picture next to it to keep as motivation when I need it.  I did the same thing when I was in college. I wanted a BMW 330 CI and I had made a pact with my dad that if I maintained a 4.0, he would help me get the car.  I went to the dealership every week. I took pictures of the car and test drove it frequently.  Some late nights, when I needed motivation I would go to the dealership and look at the car.  Eventually, I got the BMW my senior year.   Now, I am ready for a Porsche!  I know if I continue to work hard, one day I will be able to drive whatever car I want 


For you,  other things may motivate you like a house, vacation, picture of someone with the body you want, etc.  Find something that motivates you and keep it handy so that it can quickly cure you from any negativity. If you see it, believe it, and seek it…you will be it.    YOU CAN do this!

Be Inspired.

ACT.


No comments:

Post a Comment