Wednesday, September 7, 2011

“Everyone will not be happy about your happiness, but smile anyway….when people throw you shade give them sunshine"

Greetings with Enthusiasm! 

It is a gloomy and rainy day today in New York.  However, I have so much energy in my feet and joy in my heart for being able to see another day. I am truly blessed and today will mark the 7th day of my Project Destiny Journey.   I glanced in the mirror this morning and my face looked vibrant.  My skin looked clear and my eyes were glossy.  I stepped on the scale and I am 4 lbs lighter than I was a week ago.   God has been speaking to me over these past few days. I have seen visions some good and some bad.  I have been very faithful to my fast and continuously talking to God.  Although this journey is young, I am excited and praising God in advance for where this will take me and where it will take others.


I am so happy at this current moment, I feel like skipping and I sang all the way to work.  I wanted to open my car window and shout “I AM FEELING GREAT!” (LOL) And then, I thought about times when I have shared my praise reports with others and they gave me a response like “nice”.  It is sad that sometimes life is going good and you feel like you have to keep it to yourself because of how others around you may react.  But I am thankful to God for how he continues to show me how real he is in my life. I thought this as I was driving to work this morning “Everyone will not be happy about your happiness, but smile anyway”.  You cannot let grumpy people around you cloud your sunshine with their unhappiness.  Pray for them and be supportive. 

This new energy and joy started when I got home from work last night. I was talking to one of my high school friends on facebook who is a recording artist. She asked me if I was still singing and as usual I was embarrassed. I couldn’t think of when the last time was since I opened my mouth to let someone else hear me sing.  Then I got a light bulb, “ding…ding..Ding!”  I started thinking about the last time I sang, which was at Village underground almost a year and a half ago.   My voice has been caged for so long.  Vocally, there is a beast waiting to come out and bless people with sweet melodies.  It is time to “punch my fears in the face as if they were trying to steal my dreams away from me”.   I made a video last night and discovered some videos I had on my computer that I never posted to YouTube.  I have added ACT. Sings to the blog to chronicle my vocal journey.  Check it out and let me know what you think.  I am striving to be a beast in every area of my life.


I will leave you today with this…. Eleanor Roosevelt said “Do something every day that scares you”.    I say “Fear is why we fail, the audacity to be courageous is how we prevail”   Dare to do something that makes you nervous.

Release the Beast!

Be Inspired,

ACT.

No comments:

Post a Comment