Monday, September 5, 2011

Project Destiny Day 2

Day 2 September 2, 2011

“Everyone wants Gold but few are willing to mine….are you ready to dig deep and discover the golden you” – ACT.

Day 2 was a prophetic day. I work up tired and feeling week. I was praying on my way to work for strength. I leaned to my gospel music to inspire me and listened to Richard Smallwood’s “Total Praise”. “You are the source of my strength, you are the strength in my life, I lift my hands in total praise to you. “ I am a tax accounting manager and it is one of my busiest times of year. I have been putting in 80+ hours a week and getting very little sleep. I got Lasik surgery 3 weeks ago while I was in India and my eyes were burning from being on the computer for so long. On my way to work, running off about 3.5 hours of sleeping I was asking myself how am I going to make it through another 15 hour day when my eyes felt like they were on fire? I was in constant communication with God throughout the day and he was speaking to me through different people. Several people reached out to me to let me know they were encouraged and inspired by Project Destiny. One of my sorority sisters and mentor reached out to me requesting more information about the Daniel Fast. I forwarded her the information and she said “This could really be what I have been praying for! THANK YOU SOROR!!” At that moment, a surge of excitement and warmness filled my spirit. I was moved that something God put in my heart could be the answer to someone else’s prayers. Later on in the day, I was chatting with a brother from my church about project destiny. He said he felt a move of God when he saw my posting about Project Destiny on Facebook and read the blog. He spoke with a prophetic tongue about the impact Project Destiny will have and suggested I create a male version. I was wowed and immediately energized…..and thought “Look at God!” Everything that he was speaking into my life were things that I have been dreaming about but looking for the right time to take that leap of faith! It is on now! God dropped this in my spirit “Everyone wants Gold but few are willing to mine….are you ready to dig deep and discover the golden you” I answered him “Yes I am “ I am a child of God with great expectations and faith it what God can do. I am ready to dig deep into my bible and deeper into my prayer life to discover what God’s plan is for my life.




SPIRUTUAL




I have been encouraging my friends to join us on the Daniel Fast. Several people doubted they would be able to do the fast due to all the restrictions and felt they would need more time to prepare themselves for the 21 days of fasting. Project Destiny is a 4-month plan and I want people to continuous join us on this journey. In order to provide support for people joining each month, I have decided to do the Daniel Fast for the first 21 days of the next for months. So , for those of you following along if you were thinking about doing it but wanted a partner….here I am ! I have been doing very well on the “No sexual activity, cursing, alcohol, smoking or anything else harmful to our temple and hindering us from being a good example”. Celibacy for me is easy since I am not in a serious relationship right now but I know I may lose a few prospects. I am at the point in my life where I value who I am and what I bring to that table. Anyone who truly loves me and deserves me will wait. I have never drank or smoked so, those have been easy to abstain from as well. The cursing however is a bad habit. My job is very stressful and I spend 90% of my time at work around people who are not saved. I did not do a good job of being a good example until NOWJ. I told my closest co-workers about Project Destiny and they have already refrained from cursing around me . It is amazing when you stop doing something how bad it looks to you. I was talking to one of my BFFs today and every other word was a “flagrant foul” as I call curse words. It is not lady like at all! Gospel music has been so uplifting for me these past few days. I have solely been listening to gospel music on Pandora and it keeps my energy high and my mind focused. Listening to Gospel music, I am NOT thinking about being anyone’s “Motivation” like Kelly Rowland , wanting to spend money from all the songs about material things, or cursing reciting secular Lyrics. I love Hot 97 but it is not helping my soul.




PHYSICAL


I am excited about getting back in my workout groove on Saturday. I have been out of the gym for almost 2 months due to traveling and my injury. I plan to get measurements taken and put together weekly routines for my workout. Doing the Daniel Fast, I am eating very healthy which is essential to any weight loss program but please remember the Daniel Fast is to spiritually connect with God and not to be used to lose weight. I went grocery shopping yesterday so that I would have food at home. I was so surprised at how many things have sugar in them. It took me 10 minutes to find salad dressing with no sugar in it. Make sure you read the labels to rightfully deny yourself of any pleasant food like Daniel. My goal is to lose 10 lbs more by the end of the project. I am aiming to look like Serena Williams in a bikini when this is all over! I will be hitting them gym like it stole something from me :-)


MENTAL


I am sooooo focused. I was starting to lose focus over the past 2 years. Although my career is going well, I was beginning to lose sight of what is important to ACT and instead trying to save the world doing so many different things. Everything is starting to be so clear. I have several things I would like to venture into in 2012 and these last 4 months of the year will be critical to my success next year. I am ready to spread my wings and fly , using every talent God has given me for his glory. I am keeping a journal that I will be writing in everyday to track my thoughts, ideas and plans.


FINANCIAL


I need to save money! I will be cutting every corner I can to eliminate my revolving debt in 2012. I am setting up a budget tool to track my spending so that I can determine additional ways to save money. I am still trying to determine what my gift to myself will be at the end of the four months. I am torn between a vacation, shoes , or a bag. If I do not maintain my savings goal, I will not be getting anything!  I will be frugal from here on out!




SCRIPTURE READING - My scripture readings today came from the book of Judges and I Kings about Jezebel and Delilah. Both of these women used power , influence and greed for personal advancement by having a man killed. What have I learned from these stories? We need to be weary of women that possess these spirits. I want to be regarded as someone with high moral and ethical standards. I want to use my influence for the greater good.




Week 1 Focus: Surrendering all to God ….“ Take all that I am ….and all that I can be ..transform… renew… restore ..create a better me “ – Mary Mary “Seattle




I am ready for the transformation!


With Enthusiasm


ACT.

No comments:

Post a Comment